Bloggery reader Melissa asked me last week about this event, and at that point I hadn't heard anything yet.  Looks like I got the press release just in time.

For over three centuries, cities across America have waited in anticipation for the arrival of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey. The mile-long Ringling Bros.® circus train continues to criss-cross the country each year and now makes a stop in Boston to provide families and Children Of All Ages® with a live, interactive circus experience that is sure to create lifetime memories. Some of the biggest stars at Ringling Bros. - our four-legged performers - will be making their way through the streets of Boston on Tuesday, October 12.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at APPROXIMATELY 2:30 PM. Time is subject to change

Best Viewing Areas:
Along Memorial Drive in between the Mass Ave/Harvard Bridge and the Msgr. O'Brien Highway/Charles River Bridge and in front of the Museum of Science on Msgr. O’Brien Highway.

The animals will depart Pacific Ave in Cambridge then turn right onto Albany St then right onto Mass Ave. They will turn left on Memorial drive and stay on Memorial Drive to the Charles River Bridge on Msgr O'Brien Highway. They will turn right to cross the Charles River Bridge and pass in front of the Museum of Science. They will then go down Martha Road and take a left on Nashua Street to the Garden ramp.

8 Response to "Ringling Bros. Pachyderm Parade - TODAY!"

1. Jenn Said,

Thanks SO much for posting this! I heard it on the radio while driving and tried to look up everywhere on line last night and finally found this information this morning!! SOOO excited, thanks again ( :

Posted on 10/12/10, 8:44 AM

2. Margo Lee Said,

I dragged my son out of naptime from daycare and stood out there with my 7 month old on my back in the cold for an hour and never saw any elephants!

Then on the news I saw they DID parade? Where?! How infurriating!!!

Posted on 10/13/10, 8:29 AM

3. Jenn Said,

K so not sure where you got your info on this event but me and husband went into the city yesterday, paid for parking, went down the route you said at the time you said and stayed in the area of TD Garden and Nashua St for a good 2 hours and NO ELEPHANTS ) : Needless to say I was very disappointed...not sure if I should trust your info on here?? Do you know what happened at all?

Posted on 10/13/10, 9:02 AM

Does anyone know when they will parade back to the train?

Posted on 10/13/10, 11:34 AM

5. Jenn Said,

Arg I feel your pain Margo! When did they do it? We didn't even seen any signs of them blocking off the roads or anything. I felt like a little kid I was so excited but what a let down. It would have been amazing to see elephants walking through downtown Boston! Maybe we can catch them on the way back to the train??

Posted on 10/13/10, 7:58 PM

Jenn & Margo,

I cannot apologize enough. Here is what happened. I was sent a press release about the parade the night before from a marketing person, which I used for my post.

The morning of the elephant walk, a subsequent email was sent out saying that they had changed the time to an hour earlier.

Unfortunately, I cannot check my blog email while I'm at work, so I did not receive it until the evening and was too late to update everyone.

I'm very sorry.

Posted on 10/13/10, 8:00 PM

7. Jenn Said,

Oh I see! That's too bad but if it was just me and Margo out of all the people in Boston I guess it's not that big of a deal. It could have been worse. Thanks for the explanation though ( :

Posted on 10/13/10, 8:03 PM

Jenn,

I feel terrible.

There will be an apology post going up tonight to everyone regarding this incident, and I'm going to figure out a solution so that this doesn't happen again.

For the time being, I'll probably refrain from posting events that don't have websites that accompany them. That way if there are changes to the event, ideally the event website would be updated in a timely fashion so that people are informed.

Posted on 10/13/10, 8:11 PM