80's Night in Boston??

2/18/2010 03:16:00 AM
Bloggery Reader Michelle had a request that I could not answer.  I'm hoping that collectively, we can help her out.

I was just wondering if you know of any good 80's nights or parties or anything around the city.  I went to one around here that WFNX put on, but when I've lived elsewhere, there were places/bars that did great 80s nights on a weekly basis.  Any ideas?

Can anyone help out?  Come to think of it, I am sometimes overwhelmed with the desire to rock some Girbauds with a Hypercolor t-shirt and listen to some Depeche Mode, or The Cure, or Pet Shop Boys..... or ... hmmmm...

12 Response to "80's Night in Boston??"

1. Chester Said,

Doesn't Common Ground in Allston have 80's night on Fridays?

And a quick google search tells me that it's on Thursdays with D.J. Brian...

Posted on 2/18/10, 7:57 AM

2. Alykhan Said,

Here's an 80s partaaay this weekend.

Posted on 2/18/10, 8:00 AM

I think Common Ground in Allston has 80s night on Thursdays.

Posted on 2/18/10, 8:04 AM

4. Robert Said,

My Wife would also LOVE to hit up some 80's nights. She has been searching for a while for them. She also listens to WFNX :)

Posted on 2/18/10, 8:15 AM

5. Jim Powers Said,

"THE AWESOME 80'S PROM" is an interactive stage event that occurs in Boston occasionally. Some of my actress buddies are performers. Here is the website:

Posted on 2/18/10, 8:23 AM

6. Andrea Said,

Cask N' Flagon has a weekly 80's night in their back bar called Olivers. It's every Saturday night. It's usually pretty empty, though, unless it's baseball season, then its hit or miss whether it will be packed or totally empty.

Posted on 2/18/10, 9:18 AM

7. About SoxSail Said,

Posted on 2/18/10, 9:22 AM

8. Tim Said,

The Commonground on Thursday nights and Phoenix Landing (not sure when).

Posted on 2/18/10, 12:00 PM

Phoenix landing used to.

Posted on 2/18/10, 12:39 PM

I've been to an 80s night at 6B on Beacon Street and, while the place is more of an after work place for me, the 80s night was an absolute blast! Saturdays, I believe, is the usual night. And - I work at Suffolk Univ and sort of expected a younger crowd, but the night I went, it seemed to be lots of late-20somethings and 30somethings.

Posted on 2/18/10, 1:06 PM

11. Paul Foley Said,

i dj every thursday @ common ground and every saturday @ olivers.
    both 80's nights.
    i spin exclusively vinyl for all the kiddies.
    indeed.

Posted on 4/12/10, 7:06 PM

6B Lounge and Emmets Irish Pub on 6Beacon St. in Boston has had '80s for a while with hit or miss DJ's. But I was there two weeks ago and they have new resident DJ's who are awesome - they play the top hits 80's not the alternative stuff popular in Cambridge and Allston. Great atmosphere, friendly people (uh - most of the time!). Every Saturday I think they start officially at 10 but when I was there they already started the music just after 9PM.
    - Dave G.