Dewars Private Tasting: 1/28 - 2/5

1/13/2010 12:48:00 AM
Imagine me saying this in my best Ron Burgundy impersonation, "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.  I went to a scotch tasting a couple months back and it was pretty awesome.  I got to try a lot of scotchs that I would normally not have had.  I learned that I'm not a fan of scotch from Islay.  It's a little too smokey for me.

You and a friend can join other Blended Scotch Whisky enthusiasts for an exclusive night of discovery. Start your registration by selecting which tasting event you'd like to attend.

Dewar's Discovery will be in Boston from 1/28/2010 to 2/5/2010.

I don't think I've ever been to The Loft.  But for the sake of scotch, I'm willing to make my first trip out there.  Who's in?

Click (here) to RSVP.

5 Response to "Dewars Private Tasting: 1/28 - 2/5"

Islay scotch is the one true Scotch!

Posted on 1/13/10, 9:24 AM

2. HayBoy Said,

Where is the loft?

Posted on 1/22/10, 6:56 PM

The Loft
    319 A Street 3rd Floor
    Boston, MA 02205

Posted on 1/23/10, 5:39 PM

This was actually a really good time last night, fyi.

Posted on 1/29/10, 5:57 PM

We went last night. Nice to have valet parking at the door, not a great neighborhood.
    They only sample Dewar's 12, not the more expensive stuff. Test-tubes of samples to sniff & mix to see how blending Scotches works... interesting. They were clearly trying to insult the single-malts.
    Some apps served at the beginning, nothing much or fancy.
    Don't go too early, they just keep you waiting. Dress is super-casual.
    Worth it for the free drinks? Yes. But not nearly as nice as The Macallan tasting we went to last year.

Posted on 1/30/10, 8:54 AM