It was I think roughly nine months ago that Excelsior closed it's doors (here). I haven't had a chance to walk by that area in a while, but according to Daily Candy, it's relaunching as Bistro du Midi.
Fuel your Parisian obsession with a stop at Bistro du Midi. The French resto just opened its glass doors in Excelsior’s old haunt. Exposed wood beams, creamy walls, and wrought-iron light fixtures add a rustic vibe.
Linger at the downstairs bar (or sweet cafe tables) over a glass of wine (they have more than 1,000 varieties) and bar snacks like fried artichokes with aioli and Swiss chard and pine nut tart. Up the winding staircase you can drool over original Matisse and Picasso sketches as you wait for beef carpaccio with ginger bread croutons and cashew nuts followed by rabbit rillette with pistachios and toasted country bread.
I was never a fan of Excelsior, so here's hoping that this new place is better. I have to say though, the name Bistro du Midi does not really roll of the tongue in conversation. But I'll forgive them if the food is good. What I'd love to see on the menu would be some really good foie gras, duck confit, and if they don't mind doing a little big of French Canadian as opposed to just French, our city needs some good poutine.
Click (here) for their 'coming soon' website.
11/25/2009 01:43:00 AM
Know of Any Interesting Boston News or Events That You'd Like to Share?
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ► 2012 (345)
- ► 2011 (315)
- ► 2010 (438)
- Contest: A Holiday Shopportunity
- Stoddard’s Fine Food & Ale Opens 12/10
- Wale's "Chillin" Video Featuring Boston
- Real Estate Licensing Class for $99 - 12/5 & 12/6
- Excelsior Becomes Bistro du Midi
- Death By Chocolate Starts 11/27
- Rob Guillory In Town This Week - 11/29
- No More Northeastern Football?
- Joseph Mazzello Joins The Social Network
- 12th Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Trot - 11/26
- Apparently "The Box" Is Awful
- Downtown Crossing Holiday Market - 11/28
- David Ortiz Golf Classic Online Auction
- Zipcar Discount to Boston Ballet
- 2010 Bodies By Boston Contest
- John Mayer Tickets On Sale - 11/21
- Boston Latino International Film Festival - 11/19
- Barbara Lynch's New Cookbook
- A 2nd Sonic May Be Coming to MA
- Boston Might Get A Shake Shack??
- Review: A Tale of Two Cities
- Boston Globe Launches New Digital Version
- Annual Holiday Tree Lighting - 11/21
- Test out EA Sports Active - Starts 11/16
- Jay-Z Tickets On Sale Tomorrow - 11/14
- Michelle Lewis @ Cagney's - Tonight!
- “First Frost” Belvedere Dinner @ BOKX109 - 11/13
- The Town Needs Extras at Mohegan Sun
- Kim Kardashian Cancels Gypsy Bar Appearance
- Contest: Name A Zipcar
- 30% Off Juicy Couture - Starts Today!
- Girl on Top Book Tour - 11/17 & 11/18
- Speed's Grilled Pastrami
- Friday Night Lights Filmed in Boston - 11/7
- Jayde Nicole at The Estate - 11/11
- A Tale of Two Cities @ Wheelock Theatre
- Boston Bowl 50th Anniversary - 11/7
- Kim Kardashian Coming to Gypsy Bar - 11/13
- Casting Call: Top Chef Season 7
- Cabs & Credit Cards
- Forbes Says Boston is the 4th Safest City
- Thrillist Movember Event - 11/4
- ▼ November (42)
- ► 2008 (760)