Beantown Bloggery Facelift

4/28/2009 04:13:00 AM
Sooooo, I just stayed up all night redoing the entire layout of the Beantown Bloggery. I hope you like it, because with the limited computer knowledge that I have, I doubt I can change it back even If I wanted to.

It's 4:15am right now. Hopefully that gives me at least a couple more hours to keep tweaking the page and adding links/content to it before anyone wakes up and starts reading it.

I invite you to take a look and let me know what you think. I'm still getting the hang of this new layout so there will be more tweaking in the days/weeks to come. Man, I really wish I stayed Course 6 (EE/CS) while I was at MIT. Some programming skills would really come in handy right about now.

9 Response to "Beantown Bloggery Facelift"

You can't read the text. It's like black on black

Posted on 4/28/09, 9:58 AM

2. Shelley Greenberg Said,

Dude - it looks so much better! Well done.

Posted on 4/28/09, 11:47 AM

3. Sheetal Said,

change is good...looks amazing!

Posted on 4/28/09, 1:18 PM

4. Sheetal Said,

change is good...looks amazing!

Posted on 4/28/09, 1:18 PM

Hi Anonymous,

Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying hard to figure out why the text is showing up that way - it's not supposed to be that way.

If you click on the individual articles, it reverts to a lighter text, which is the way it should be.

Posted on 4/28/09, 1:29 PM

6. Rich K Said,

One thing you should change ASAP: The black text on the dark grey background. All the items are practically unreadable.

Posted on 4/28/09, 2:00 PM

Dear All,

Thanks for the feedback.

I've temporarily fixed the last 8 posts. It will take me a while longer to figure out a permanent fix but I'm on it.

Posted on 4/28/09, 6:12 PM

8. MLS Said,

hey
    if you read by rss feed, or at least google reader. its white on white and very hard to read.

Posted on 4/28/09, 11:15 PM

Ok, I think i've figured out the problem. Now, the text on the frontpage should be a light shade of grey to make it more readable and also on google reader, the text should be black.

please let me know if you still encounter any problems though and i will investigate.

Cheers,