I can't seem to find a deadline on this thing, but there's a webform up right now to apply to be on a new "docu-soap" that is going to be filmed on Martha's Vineyard. I've been to Martha's Vineyard twice. Once for a client's Kentucky Derby party and once when my family visited me in Boston. If you've got your summer free and are looking for your 15 minutes of fame, this one's for you.

The CW Network in association with 25/7 Productions and Doron ofir Casting is currently seeking groups of friends who are available to spend the summer on Martha's Vineyard for a groundbreaking Docu-Soap. Year-round locals of the vineyard, returning summer revelers and first time visitors between the ages of 19 and 28 are encouraged to apply.

I was actually tempted to apply at first - although I'm getting pretty close to the upper bound on their age requirements. But then I read it more closely and it says 'groups of friends'. Seeing as how the majority of my friends are no longer students and don't have the summers off, I don't see how this would be possible. I don't know if I could actually swing a "summer off" either, but my friend Tim was on a reality tv show a couple years back and it looks like it would be a fun experience.

Click (here) to apply.

9 Response to "CW's Casting Call - Martha's Vineyard Show"

Boy that sounds like a snooze. I used to spend my summers there and after two weeks I couldnt wait to come home. What are they gonna do get drunk on the beach and go fishing every day?

Posted on 2/16/09, 6:44 PM

I'm a local on MV and this show is going to be a failure. They tried this crap a few years back and the show never aired because they couldn't use the footage(the locals ruined it for them-oops). People don't understand that we don't like summer people, we don't like tourists because they don't respect anything about the island. Leave us alone.

Posted on 3/20/09, 1:14 AM

3. Chris P Said,

If it werent for the summer tourists you guys would be dirt poor so have some respect. You owe your whole existence to them. Smarten up buddy.

Posted on 3/20/09, 11:27 AM

I was born and raised on MV and guess what Chris P? the locals are dirt poor with or without the tourist money. If people want to know the real island they should come in the winter and see the alcoholism, drug-addiction and depression. But at least the fishing is good.

Posted on 3/30/09, 9:44 PM

5. Chris P Said,

The tourist money is the only reason people can live on that island or there wouldnt be any jobs. So the tourist money does make a huge difference. I used to live on that hell hole island so I would know.

Posted on 3/31/09, 9:08 AM

hey d bag chris p. tri-town bitch. ///

Posted on 4/6/09, 8:15 PM

If you used to live there you think you'd have some respect.

Posted on 5/16/09, 10:25 AM

8. Jesse Said,

Ya, I was born and raised on the Vineyard and have lived there all of my life. Same goes for my parents. All I can say is, this show is going to be absolute trash. As much as the islanders need tourism for money(This this is very true), we don't need some superficial fake ass soulless "The Hills" piece of shit type of show infecting the island. What this show will do is paint a kind of picture that will portray everyone on the island as being super rich elitists or some celebrity. The fact of the matter is that a majority of full time residents of the Vineyard are lower middle class, or poor people, as am I. The rich people who live there only live there for two weeks in the summer and then they leave. Try spending a winter on the Vineyard and you will see that, at times, it is certainly no paradise as the person who commented about drug abuse and alcoholism knows.

This show will fail because most locals don't want something like this on the island and whenever they will be on camera, the footage will be unusable because comments will be made. If I or any of my friends see a camera, the footage will be made unusable!

Posted on 5/16/09, 6:15 PM

keep them coming I'm native and it's all about hustling the tourists so you guys all stupid, chris p is an absolute moron!

Posted on 5/22/09, 10:57 PM