EoD Filmed in the South End

11/13/2008 12:01:00 AM
Looks like the latest film site for Edge of Darkness was in the South End. This little blurb was from the Globe on Tuesday, 11/11.

Why was Mel Gibson brandishing a Glock outside the Cathedral of the Holy Cross the other night? That's his job. In "Edge of Darkness," the Aussie actor plays a Boston homicide detective, and that means he's packing. We're told this scene, at the corner of Washington and Waltham streets, attracted a few gawkers.

I hope it was a pre-ban Glock. Us folks in MA aren't allowed to have Glocks that weren't already in the state prior to 1998.

Click (here) for a link to the Globe blurb.

5 Response to "EoD Filmed in the South End"

there were also signs around there saying the would be filming on 11/14

Posted on 11/13/08, 9:00 AM

2. The Moviequill Said,

MA police are still issued new Glocks all the time, they have a regulation workaround... it's just Joe Public

Posted on 11/13/08, 5:34 PM

3. Towerclimber Said,

Perhaps "Joe Public" needs to vote the people out of office that restrict your 2nd amendment rights and view their citizens as "unruly children" instead of their constituents.
    I myself am from Tn. I will be coming to your fair city in the coming few weeks to install cellphone sites. I will have to leave my firearms at home. If I become a victim of crime there, you can bet your bippy that I will seek legal recourse against the folks that put those restrictions in place. why? because they unfairly restricted my ability to protect myself.
    since SCOTUS has ruled that it's legal to keep a firearm in the home for personal protection I WILL have one in my hotel room, since this is my domicile while I'm there working.
    I won't be getting room service and I won't be bringing my wife because she won't have the means to protect herself.

Posted on 11/17/08, 2:27 PM

4. Closer to the Edge Said,

I was there
    Check out the clip

and pics

Posted on 11/17/08, 6:09 PM

5. grimleyfiendish Said,

@Towerclimber : I just think you may not be ready to make a trip to the BIG CITY with all them scary un-white folks milling about. I say, stay home! We don't want (or need) the likes of you and your delusional paranoia.

Posted on 11/24/08, 1:23 PM