Another Movie Filming - VSI?

4/30/2008 12:22:00 PM
I'm relying on the collective knowledge of all you readers to solve this mystery. The last time I tried this, folks responded in less than 30 minutes to identify the mystery movie as "Bride Wars" (here).

Yesterday someone left a comment saying the following:

What is the "VSI" movie that is currently shooting in south boston? Right across the summer St. Bridge... Anyone know what it is?

Anyone out there know what this might be? Whenever I see the letters "VS" together, all I can think of is Victoria's Secret. Yes, my mind is in the gutter.

Update:

Thanks to Bloggery Reader Lyette. According to her findings, VSI = The Surrogates - Bruce Willis's movie. Why they're using the letters "VSI" I have no idea. Click (here) to go to the site that Lyette found.

Update2:

Thanks to Joel we now have an explanation for "VSI" -
VSI stands for Virtual Self, Inc. this is the name of the company the creates the personal surrogates, android substitutes that let users interact with the world without ever leaving their homes.

19 Response to "Another Movie Filming - VSI?"

1. Lyette Said,

Boston Movie Tours says it's the Bruce Willis movie, The Surrogates: http://bostonmovietours.net/blog/2008/04/surrogates-hits-seaport-area.html

Posted on 4/30/08, 1:01 PM

2. JOEL Said,

Posted on 4/30/08, 7:06 PM

I believe they are now filming in Wayland, Ma. I saw the signs and lots of production vehicles. They are filming on Moore Rd.

Posted on 5/5/08, 6:41 PM

4. Paul Said,

I saw the VSI signs on Route 9 in Newton yesterday (5/12) on my way home. They were leading off at Hammond Pond Parkway and there were VSI Crew Parking signs leading to one of the Chestnut Hill Mall's parking lots. Didn't see anything else.

Posted on 5/13/08, 7:58 AM

Filming in North Andover at the former Lucent manufacturing facility 5-16-08

Posted on 5/16/08, 8:04 AM

There are VSI signs all over Worcester and tons of production trucks outside of the old Worcester courthouse.

Posted on 5/20/08, 8:20 PM

they are filming in hopedale soon not to sure when though seen a couple of those signs leading to the old draper mill

Posted on 5/29/08, 7:49 PM

saw Bruce willis today after they filmed a scene in downtown Lynn about a half hour ago.

Posted on 5/30/08, 4:57 PM

I live right near the mill in Hopedale where they are supposedly going to film. Place has been abandoned for thirty years, a lot of it has been torn down, and now they have some poor jackhammer sitting there 24/7 in a car to protect 8 or 10 somewhat derelict looking Boston police cars. I wanna watch when they blow them up. That, and the helicopter they're going to blow up too, according to rumor.

Posted on 5/30/08, 5:45 PM

Bruce Willis is filming in the area of Clark University near Clifton Street in Worcester, not sure of actual dates but he has been seen in the area!

Posted on 5/30/08, 11:25 PM

11. Dan Said,

Here's a link to some pictures I've taken over the last week or so of preparations for filming scenes from The Surrogates in Hopedale.

Posted on 6/5/08, 2:43 PM

12. Bianca Said,

VSI is now in Kenmore Square, as of today, shooting something on the streetside.

Posted on 6/6/08, 7:26 PM

13. peter Said,

There were signs all over Taunton yesterday as well at the Paul A dever hospital

Posted on 6/11/08, 9:57 AM

I live right near the Paul A Dever old State Hospital and decided to take a rollerblade ride back there tonight. I tried to catch as much as I could but felt as though any second state cops we're gonna get me on trespassing. What I did catch was: a full garden planted w/ lots of random chairs placed all over the road and grassy areas. A roof of a house on the street (just the triangle part of a roof) that looked like a scene from Wizard of Oz, a crazy art sculpture made of rusted metal and a stadium looking concrete piece of artwork that was about 12 feet high and lots of cranes to get shots up high!! I will definately be investigating this one : )

Posted on 6/19/08, 8:18 PM

The VSI crew is now in Downtown Lynn. They did a stunt scene on Munroe Street involving various Boston Police cars and a motorcycle. They have slowly progress through the city filming in different locations.

Posted on 6/20/08, 5:33 PM

There was a school bus explosion on the Lynnway

Posted on 6/25/08, 12:01 PM

A "VSI extras" sign is in Woburn between the Target and Woburn Mall, exit 37 off 93

Posted on 8/3/08, 10:45 AM

"SEE KATE RUN" an ABC show is filming at those locations. I was an extra on Thursday and saw the VSI sign.

Posted on 3/22/09, 5:08 PM

19. Jamal Said,

They were filming on Union Park in the south end this morning, and Tremont last night.

Posted on 4/3/09, 12:13 PM