Needham just got a little closer to Hollywood. Yesterday, they started filming a new romantic comedy there starring Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner. According to IMDB, Michael Douglas will be in the movie as well.

The movie is called The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Not much information to be had on the plot. All IMDB says is "A bachelor is haunted by the ghosts of his past girlfriends at his younger brother's wedding."

According to the Globe, crews are filming at a house in Needham and will be around the area for the next couple of months. Undoubtedly we'll start hearing more and more about celebrity sightings at places like Abe & Louie's, Boston Public, etc.

This is great. One movie already filming now, and then Ashecliffe (here) starts filming next month.

UPDATE: Bloggery Reader Kym just informed me that Mr. McConaughy will be filming at Sonsie on Newbury today. If work wasn't so crazy these past couple of days I'd walk over there and check it out myself. Thanks Kym!

UPDATE 2/22/08: Mr. McConaughy was in the Leather District on South Street near South Station filming. According to the Globe, the crew will be relocating to the North Shore for a couple weeks of filming.

25 Response to "Matthew McConaughey & Jennifer Garner Are Here"

1. Will Said,

Please tell me he is going to be running around without a shirt...

Posted on 2/20/08, 12:57 PM

2. salamndstron Said,

Of course he will be running around topless this explains it all

Posted on 2/20/08, 4:33 PM

3. Colette Said,

My mom is the head designer at Yum Bunnies Cakery in Belmont. Yesterday, they just delivered 4 massive wedding cakes to the big mansion in Needham for a scene.

Posted on 2/21/08, 1:24 PM

To Colette,
    That's great news. Good to hear that local businesses are benefiting from the all the movie productions.

Yum Bunnies Cakery must have great cakes. I've never been, but I'll be sure to check it out.

Posted on 2/21/08, 1:51 PM

i'm italian..I' dreaming about your city and i love your cakes!GREAT! Kiss and love to you

Posted on 2/28/08, 12:49 PM

i'm the(ex) anonymous italian(annamaria)!i didn't tell you matt is my passion! please,shoot him during his filming around you!EXCUSE ME FOR MY EHGLISH/AMERICAN!!!WHATEVER I LOVE YOU...KIIIIIIIISS

Posted on 3/3/08, 10:30 AM

I heard he may be in Randolph this week, anyone else hear anything about that?

Posted on 3/3/08, 5:22 PM

i'm the italian...i saw photo cakes on YUM BUNNIES CAKERY web site,i'm telling you again...GREAT! goodnight from ITALY

Posted on 3/3/08, 7:44 PM

9. ter116 Said,

I saw them filming stuff in the vincent's parking lot in randolph, and on north main st yesterday

Posted on 3/4/08, 9:26 AM

they're filming in Sudbury MA today, by the Wayside Inn

Posted on 4/2/08, 10:54 AM

I saw Matthew, Jennifer, and crew filming on Thursday night (4/3) on Marlborough Street in Back Bay. The whole block was lit up and they were filming in front of a brownstone. Autumn-colored leaves were attached to the leafless trees to create a fall setting for the scene. The crowd of onlookers (mostly neighbors) was very controlled and we were allowed to get pretty close to the filming area. Does anyone know if they'll be filming in this location again?

Posted on 4/6/08, 12:23 AM

OMG are they still filming in sudbury??????
    i tried to go over and see them but i think they were all hiding in the church b/c it was raining... :(
    so i didnt get to see them

Posted on 4/6/08, 9:25 PM

13. Heather Said,

I was waondering if anyone had any info on where Matthew Mcconaughey..(ghosts of girlfriends past) might be filming this week??? I just missed them in Sudbury..:( I am a true fan of Matthews and have been for quite some time..I would love to be able to get just a glimpse of him at work..It would be so exciting for me..so any info would be awesome.
    Thanx
    Heather J from Worcester. Ma

Posted on 4/7/08, 9:32 AM

who is filming today by the public gardens on Charles street?

Posted on 4/7/08, 2:13 PM

hi! i'm the italian! i'm reading your news about matt.Thanks forever !I love him!Who know if he'll be in italy?kiss,kiss ,kiss...

Posted on 4/8/08, 11:25 AM

16. jenny Said,

I guess they have all of Federal St. closed off today, they're filming there :)

Posted on 4/9/08, 2:04 PM

hi! i'm the italian..sorry...again... for my english,i lost my "s"!the next location?kiss him for me!love from italy

Posted on 4/10/08, 2:33 PM

does anyone know if they are filming today and where?

Posted on 4/14/08, 9:50 AM

I think they are filming on West Street tomorrow at night time.

Posted on 4/17/08, 9:48 PM

hey,how are you? i'm the italian!i like this site cos(wow!)i can post my comment without username,etc... My Matt IS THERE AGAIN? I love another MATT(goss),but he doesn't release cd in ITALY, WHY?Tell him,please!I love tou...

Posted on 4/20/08, 7:11 PM

ah!i forget!Thanks TO EVERYONE!!

Posted on 4/20/08, 7:13 PM

If iI am right they are filming in Lowell, been driving buy the cobblestones resteraunt where there at.

Posted on 5/6/08, 5:57 PM

thanks a lot from italy!what do you think about mcconaughey as captain america?bye!(i'm the italian)

Posted on 5/8/08, 2:13 PM

It looks like they are filming again today in Sudbury at the Wayside Inn.

I'm pretty sure I spotted Jennifer Garner as I drove by.

Posted on 5/21/08, 11:15 AM

They were filming last night in Salem at the Peabody Essex Museum.

Posted on 5/21/08, 4:56 PM