Write Your Own Content BIATCH!

12/05/2007 04:55:00 PM
They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. Apparently AllBostonBlog.com is trying to flatter me. But it's not working. Someone out there is trying to profit off my hours of work. Whoever you are out there (and I know you're reading because you've been copying every single one of my posts word for word except when swapping in your own email address at the end) - know that I loathe you. Check out the imposter (here).

For all of the loyal Beantown Bloggery readers out there, I appreciate you guys. Special thanks to reader Dan who brought this to my attention. Basically here's how it works, someone copies my content, fills his page with ads, and then hopes that people read MY content and click on HIS ads so that he profits. GRRR.......

What have I done about this? So far, I've sent a cease and desist letter to the admin at AllBostonBlog and I've also reported him to Google Adsense as a violation of their policy.

If you guys have a few spare minutes and wouldn't mind doing me a favor, I'd appreciate if you could report this site as well to Google. Click (here) and then select the option that says "This site is distributing someone else's copyrighted material, possibly without permission."

If I don't hear back in two weeks, then my lawyer friends are going to get calls from me.

6 Response to "Write Your Own Content BIATCH!"

1. Dan Dan Said,

Reported to google as well. Let us know what happens from this...

Think the other postings on that site are also from unaware bloggers?

Posted on 12/5/07, 7:28 PM

2. Not Whitey Bulger Said,

I get sites with links to my blog when I search Google, but they dont copy the content. It appears that it's a bot of some kind collecting links to draw traffic. What pisses me off is they get a higher listing than my site does.

Posted on 12/5/07, 8:55 PM

3. Matthew Saunders Said,

File a DMCA takedown notice. The offending blog's service provider should have the details on how to do so somewhere in its terms of service. It's not difficult, and is usually quite effective (assuming what has been ripped off is in fact copyrightable, which is likely).

Posted on 12/6/07, 10:35 AM

4. Anali Said,

You may have a splogger. I had a similar problem in May. I filed a Notice of Infringement of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) with Google. Here is a link to their requirements. http://www.google.com/dmca.html

In my case, they shut down the splogger within days of my complaint. Good luck!

Posted on 12/6/07, 11:40 AM

it did not, it was not intensional , but we believe an apologize is in order..so we are very sorry !!!
    I think we've found the reason they're not writing they're own content -- they're in 7th grade remedial english classes.

Posted on 12/7/07, 4:59 PM

6. feedmittens Said,

Reported to Google. That's so annoying!

Posted on 12/9/07, 12:13 PM