A "Spa" for Men - 379 Club

11/15/2007 02:48:00 PM
Any guys out there get their hair cut at 379 Club in Allston? I read about this place a few weeks ago and the concept was interesting. Basically it's a spa for men. It has pool tables, flat screen tvs, a VIP lounge, and computer stations amongst other things.

Services include haircuts, massages, and "foot and hand detail" (if you're going to get a manicure/pedicure, just own up to it). I haven't gotten to the interesting part yet though.

Here's the interesting part: the club offers a tiered membership program that ranges from $480 to $2200 a year and includes unlimited haircuts. Hmmmm...unlimited haircuts - this could be interesting. I basically get my hair cut once a month (it costs me $35 each time). Pricey? Yes. But I used to get my hair cut at SuperCuts and I came out pissed off everytime thinking to myself "It's ok, it'll grow back in 2 weeks"

So at $35 a pop, monthly haircuts are costing me $420 a year (it pains me to do that math). And at the end of the month, I'm getting scruffy, I'd prefer biweekly haircuts. This would bump me up to over $800 a year, way more than I'm going to spend on haircuts.

So you see where I'm going with this? If that means I can get haircuts every 2 weeks, then it's a better deal than I'm currently getting. The brochure on their website details out the different levels of membership. Just a warning, it's a pdf (here).

I'm thinking about checking it out. If you're interested in more info you can go to their website (here). I warn you though. The website currently sucks - very little information available. They do, however, have a pdf coupon on their site good until December for a haircut and massage for $30.

6 Response to "A "Spa" for Men - 379 Club"

Good spot!! I boyfriend loves it and goes once a week. This is a spot you have to seee for yourself!

Posted on 12/5/07, 9:13 AM

I've been a member at 379 for almost a year now. I have the Bronze membership and I get my hair cut almost once a week so I can stay looking my best. It's great!

Frankly, I don't know how this is a good deal for Omar, but it's a GREAT deal for me. Couldn't be happier

M

Posted on 11/13/08, 12:21 PM

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is! I've been there a few times but a week & a half ago will make my last time. I was there for a function, they promote this place as a function hall as well but the police came & shut the place down. Don't be fooled they don't have the proper permits or liquor licence to be open for functions. Payed money for an event that was shut down an hour after I got there. The place was not legit, after that they will no longer get my business of any kind. Barbering isn't that good either, sorry I'm just telling it like it is.

Posted on 10/13/09, 8:14 PM

4. 379 club Said,

This is the 379 club. If you read the comment that was posted on 10/13/09. print it and bring it in. Before the new year 1/1/10 and get a free cut on us. Looking forward to seeing you,and for the record it was a wedding. have a great day

Posted on 10/24/09, 5:08 PM

5. Marc Said,

The 379 Club is a great barbershop/concept. I have been a member since they opened. I get my hair cut once a week and I am always satisfied. The pool table, flat panel TVs that stay on sports channels, and lively conversation help relieve my stress from a long week of work. They also have a spa, which I have not used, because my stress is not that great. However, some may need this extra bit of relaxation.

Posted on 11/22/09, 2:50 PM

I've been a member for 2 and 1/2 years and strongly recommend it. All barbers are very talented and the atmosphere is always very relaxed (minus any sports related arguments between Shea & O). They go out of their way to make everyone feel at home there and have even gone so far as to buy lunch for people coming in to get a cut. Don't know much about the function hall activities but I understand that they put a lot of work into it and the VIP lounge looks great. It advertises itself as a club, mainly because it offers so much beyond a haircut, but overall it's just a great place to hangout and conversate.

Posted on 2/25/10, 10:07 AM